Insomnia is difficulty getting to sleep and/or staying asleep or suffering from non-restorative sleep. It is estimated that approximately one in four people suffer from insomnia at some point in their life. As well as leaving you feeling drained and exhausted and unable to perform well at work, it can disrupt home life and, in the long term, it can affect your health and immune functioning.
The effects of sleep deprivation and chronic lack of sleep:
- Fatigue, lethargy, and lack of motivation
- Moodiness and irritability
- Inability to cope with stress
- Frequent colds and infections (reduced immunity)
- Concentration and memory problems
- Weight gain
- Impaired motor skills and increased risk of accidents
- Difficulty taking decisions
- Increased risk of diabetes, heart disease, and other health problems
Possible causes of insomnia:
- Disruptions in the sleeping environment: noise, light, partner’s snoring or movement, etc.
- Physical conditions causing pain or discomfort, including arthritis, hot flushes, restless leg syndrome, headaches, etc.
- Stress, including bereavement, professional worries, financial troubles, anxiety about not sleeping, relationship difficulties, etc.
Hypnotherapy offers an effective drug-free treatment for insomnia by:
- Helping you relax both mentally and physically
- Helping let go of anxieties
- Offering powerful suggestions that retrain your subconscious mind
- Helping you get a better balance in your life
- Helping you let go of deeper underlying issues
In addition, you can easily learn self-hypnosis to use at home.
If you suffer from insomnia, it is important that you get checked by your doctor, in case there is a physical cause.
Contact Jane de Beers today for a FREE consultation or with any enquiries you may have.
You can e-mail : email@example.com call : 06 08 52 59 16
or use the form on the contact page.